Friday 8 April 2011

Bit by Bit

Today another part arrived which I've designed myself. The engineering workshop has cut and drilled it to my description and not only does it look like in the 3D model, it fits in perfectly. It's a very satisfying feeling planning something for so long and then seeing how it all fits together so nicely.

What I'm talking about are the rings which will hold the skeleton for the screen. The skeleton itself will consist of copper tubes bent into shape and screwed to these rings. Between those tubes I will span the screen itself, although I haven yet to decide how exactly I will do that. In the model this is what it looks like:



So far only the bottom one has been mounted to see whether the dimensions are ok, the one for the ceiling will be mounted as soon as the rest of the screen is ready. Here are some more pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment